Wednesday

So, the week of not sleeping and going to movies continues. Last night we had free passes to see that Amelie chick's new movie, He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not (À La Folie Pas Du Tout). She's lovely. The unusual POV construct is clever. The story left me mildly annoyed but C said he was saddened by it. Basically, we know so many crazy girls, he could see this actually happening. No spoilers here, so after the french romantic thriller, we killed some zombies playing another shooting game. I guess I haven't yet mentioned the Big Buck Hunter game and C's obsession with it yet. I'll go on about it some other time, but for now, just know that there are only 45 players in the entire country better than him and he has shot 59 out of 60 buck. Oh god now I sound like one of the geeks! Anyway, people were coming up the escalator for a movie and we followed them into How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days. We stayed anyway, with the idea that free movies are always worth sitting through. You could count the guys in the theater without using your toes and every one was obviously on a date. God it was awful! And I am known for my appallingly hollywood comedy taste in movies. That seems to be changing though. For some reason, I no longer find the super shallow stereotypes comforting and amusing, but offensive. I've always accepted the flat supporting roles as "just doing their jobs" but recently I am HATING that the successful women are either cold bitches or sluts and...got interupted steam has been lost.

No comments: