Saturday

Due to inquiries from my staff at the shop with local junkies about scoring some oxy, I decided to do a little research. I found oxykills.com. Once you get there, scroll down for the good stuff, like this:
What are the street names for OXYCONTIN? OXY, OXY's, OXIES, OXYCOTTON, OC's, KILLERS, OCEANS, O's, OXYCOFFINS, HILLBILLY HEROIN
The site is from a woman whose son ODed on a combo of Xanax, oxy & alcohol. But my fun fact of the day is that 5mg of OxyContin is equivalent to 1 whole Percocet, so a single 80mg oxy pill (a commonly prescribed stength) is equivalent to 16 PERCOCETS!!! Even I know that is some intense painkiller use and since it is common to take vicodan/valium/percocets along with liquor or beer, if these kids do the same thing with oxy, at least according to this site, they will die. Holy Shit! If nothing else this whole little episode made me feel old. I'm only 28, but pretty removed from the party/street drug circuit. I'd never even heard of OxyContin, much less knew it was available on the street.

No comments: