Wednesday

Not in the City

For some reason I am unable to get into the code of my site right now, so I'm going to use the blog to announce:
I AM IN THE HAMPTONS THROUGH THE END OF JULY. I WILL CONSIDER SESSION REQUESTS OUT HERE, BUT REALIZE THERE'S NO DUNGEON, JUST ME. OUTCALLS ONLY. EMAIL ME TO INQUIRE

So...I'm OK! The calls I received from clients and friends who I scared with my last post were actually quite sweet.

I went skydiving a few weeks ago to celebrate Sade's birthday and it was one of the most beautiful, awe-inspiring and exhilarating things I've ever done. At some point in the future I'll complain about the fact that the harnesses are not designed for people of my size and shape, as I was the only person in our party of 9 to walk away with black and blues all over my thighs. But honestly I'm still THRILLED with the experience and deeply grateful to their staff member I jumped with (it was a tandem). He was really astonishingly nice and reassuringly confident and vocal about the entire process. Not that I needed much reassuring because I was SO MUCH more excited about the whole experience than scared. There was only one moment when I felt something akin to fear: just before we jumped out of a perfectly good airplane. But it was fleeting, as next thing I knew we were in free-fall and all of my faculties needed to be focused on remembering how to breathe. Then he let loose the parachute, and the straps snapped tight against my inner thighs and I was in pain, but so into what I was viewing, it really didn't matter. (what you thought I could dish it out but not handle a bit myself?)

Next order of business is that the boyfriend and I are no longer together. It boiled down to a difference in fundamental values, beliefs and worldview. However, I think we may actually remain friends. He really was the best bf I've ever had, we're just not right for eachother. This may be my most adult and mature breakup ever.

No comments: