Wednesday

The Ghost of Ska Past

I've only got a few minutes to write, as I am completely swamped at work and have set up some totally ridiculous goals for myself to complete before I leave for Phoenix on Saturday. So here it is. Once upon a time I was in college in Vermont and I spent an obscene amount of time on IRC, primarily on the ska channel. Turns out that the new guy at work was not only in those rooms the same time I was, but I remember him. In fact I thought he was the coolest thing ever. I even sent him a mix tape, but he never sent one back. Weird, weird, weird! It was so long ago, and he's the only person I really remember. But he had this great site all about (obviously) ska, I recall that he was scrawny with a blue mohawk, but looking at him now, I doubt he was all that scrawny. Bizarre how your impressions of a person can change. One minute I thought of him as nice enough to work with and mildly amusing, but no real connection as they say. But now my impression of him as a coworker is all mixed up with my happy positive recollections of that time in my life and ska and it is very strange...