Thursday

Readings & Books

Last night, among other things, I went to a reading at KGB. Dana had mentioned it on her blog, the reader seemed amusing and it wasn't too far from home. I did not however catch on before I arrived that this was part of the "Novel Jews" series and that I would be surrounded by what, I think, are supposed to be My peers. New York, jewish, late twenty-somethings who read too much. I walked in and practically turned right around. Even before Jennifer Traig read and gave Me multiple Mom-related flashbacks, the crowd reminded Me uncomfortably of the Youth Leadership Board at the JCC when I was growing up. Regardless of the crowd, she was terrific and I've placed her book on My want list.

I recently corresponded with a woman who wanted some BDSM tips and after recommending the following titles to her, I decided you all might find some use for them too.
SM 101: A Realistic Introduction by Jay Wiseman
and
Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns by Philip Miller, Molly Devon

No comments: